Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rascal Flatts


After dragging Shelly to see the likes of Elton John/Billy Joel, Rush, Queensryche, Nickelback, Judas Priest/Anthrax and Motley Crue it was my turn to be dragged.

Last night was Rascal Flatts at the NY State Fair. If I am buying tickets to a show that I know about ahead of time I am right on Ticketmaster before they go on sale and I normally can get pretty good seats within a few armslength of the stage. This wasn't the case as within the first couple of minutes the only seats that were available were way high in the grandstand. The pic was taken with my camera phone so certainly not my best work.

Ok so this is my first country concert and considering my primary choice of tunage above well my first stop after getting into the concert was two El Grande Blues (Labbatt) to ease my pain and cut the edge. Considering I am here now writing about my exploits it is safe to assume that I did not burst into flames.

When I see a group perform live I am not there only to see them play as a whole but I watch the individuals play their respective instruments. This is the same whether it is BB King, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, or Iron Maiden. I have to say that I, as well as the crowd like the little snippets of AC/DC, Aerosmith and others that all three groups did.

Anyways, at risk of tarnishing my music listening image lol I did tell Shelly last night that I enjoyed the show and would go to see them again.

But.....am I a convert???

Are you nuts???

No comments: