Monday, August 07, 2006

Cats and Dogs

Some people will think that I have a great dislike for animals, cats and dogs in particular. That is not the case. I have a great disdain for the cat and dog owner....some of them anyways. That and for the most part I am allergic. The problem is that the pet is bought for whatever reason then the pet is let loose for the most of the day. I guess their thinking is that everything is hunky dory if fluffy or whatever comes home once a day to eat.

Oh how wrong.

I have a dog...rather old one who stops by on occasion. I happen to catch him at the same time of the day looking for a place to have a movement. Of course there is no owner in sight. Mind you if I wanted to fertilize my lawn I would buy some. If I see it about to pinch one I chase it away and it moves over the property line and relieves itself there.

Remember the old saying "not in my backyard"??? well, not that either. I did witness once where a couple were walking their dog and after it was done one of them pulled out a plastic bag and recovered the load. Seriously, I have heard of this happening but was the first time I have actually seen it in person. It's kind of like giving birth....you know it happens but until you actually see it live and in person it is only then can you really appreciate the event in all its amazement.

Now cats are ok....just that I am allergic to them, sometimes deathly. Just seeing a cat will sometimes fill my lungs. There is nothing like drowning in your own fluids lol. Its like krypton to superman. UGH One or both of the rental properties behind me has always been a magnate for pet families, sometimes one, sometimes both cats and dogs. If you don't have a dog barking all hours of the night it is the cats...sometimes five or more!!!

Now this brings me to the solution..

Somewhere in the Port of Long Beach in California is a container filled with 30 or so indentured servants from Shaanxi Province in China waiting for their opportunity to exploit the american dream and open up yet another Chinese Buffet. I know some of you are scratching your head and pondering the thought that you've never heard of the chinese being big pet owners. Well, they aren't. Have you ever noticed that in an area where a chinese buffet is located there is not stray pet problem?? Take a look around next time. Now I know there are even more of you thinking that I am sick for even considering such a thought. Now I would never suggest that the chinese or any south asian people for that matter would kill a domesticated animal and eat it let alone serve it to the unknowing paying public. It could very well be that these animals in question know of these old wives tales and flee the area for their lives. Stranger things have been known to happen.

Sometimes a city or town will take matters into its own hand and regulate pets, even when they are on a leash. It is then you will hear the twits and morons complain that the powers that be in govt are ruining life for its own citizens. They limit animals in parks or recreation areas. It is most likley those animal owners who don't pick up after their pets. I certainly wouldn't want to visit a beautiful park or area that is littered with excrement.....would you?

Until then I am waiting patiently for the new chinese buffet to open here in town.

No comments: