Friday, January 05, 2007

Just Maybe

We are big fans of newzjunky since is the only real way to get up to date news from home. I will have to admit that I check it throughout the day.

The folks at newjunky have introduced our area to craigslist as it is a free nationwide classified ad service. They do charge fees for some metropolitan areas. The had recently started a site for Watertown, NY.

The housing situation in that area is absolutely horrid. With the expansion of Ft Drum and the existing housing in short supply the prices have skyrocketed. All you need to do is check newzjunky and see the recent property transactions for Watertown and see for yourself. I made note of this in a prior post "flip this house".

A month ago I decided to place a couple of ads on craigslist. I had a sectional that I didn't want to bring down with me to PA and a piece of exercise equipment. I also listed the house in Gouverneur for sale.... I did that kind of on a whim and didn't put too much thought into it.

I had quite alot of interest in the sectional even though I had no photos (price $250) and it did sell :).

So yesturday while scrolling through newzjunky they have a highlight about the people looking for housing (Ft Drum related). So, I thought I would re word my house ad. Logging into my account on craigslist I saw that the ad had expired so I started on a new one.

I didn't place any photos but went through the last several years on all the work that has been done to the house and to the property ie: porches, pool, deck, heating, a/c etc. and within hours I had someone contact me.

To make a long story short....after many email exchanges sharing photos and info the interested couple took at look at the house yesturday. I had them walk around the house, go onto the porches and have a look inside. I now have an appt to show this couple the house when I am up there again next week.

I did list the price lower than what the last realtor gave me a market comparison for so will it sell for that???

Stay tuned....


Just maybe

No comments: