Sunday, September 03, 2006

Family Update - Sept 3, 2006


Well I hope I am not the only one thinking I am going to wake up one morning to find a foot of snow on the ground, and soon. It seems as though our summer came early and left early.

I have been car shopping the past week or so. I got one of those blank check offers so we were considering trading one or more of our cars in. Zack and I went into town Friday to see what we could get for trade in on the Jaguar. I bought it before we got married....mainly as a talisman to ward off evil spirits lol. Well, since I don't drive it in the winter I thought it just isn't as practical as it could be now that there is more than just myself to take into consideration.

That was the plan anyways. :) I wanted to get something for Shelly, something newer and nicer since she has the long commute for work. She really liked the new Dodge Caliber so we took one of those out for a test drive a cople of weeks ago. It's a little noisy for me but she liked it so that is what we were looking at Friday. Quite simply, I went to Dealmaker on Arsenal and said I wanted such and such car and I can either trade in Shelly's car or the Jaguar. Their finance manager thought he could get a better rate than what I already had been offered so Zack and I went to the mall while they worked the numbers.

We were planning on getting our hair cuts but seeing that it was the first of the month there was quite a bit of a wait, scratch that idea. So I said to Zack that we would look at the cars in the mall. He LOVES the "Horsepower Car" (Mustang). We walked around and asked for a couple prices then we came to the Honda Accord. It is an EX-L model with leather, sunroof, heated seats, heated mirros, power drivers seat, XM radio (free for 90 days) and an available iPod link where you can control the ipod through the stearing wheel controls. Shelly loves her iPod. I prefer anything else lol. It gets 34 mpg on hwy so not any less than she was getting in her Sunfire. All this for $27k.

So I checked back at the dealer but my salesman and the finance manager were out to lunch so I went home. I called him and told him the change in plans and he went to the Mall to get the vehicle. He also thought he could get us financing through Honda. We went into Watertown yesturday and picked up the vehicle. Not only did they pay off the Sunfire but we got into a 5 year 100,000 mile Honda extended warranty with no deductable which includes the trip interruption, roadside assistance, etc.

So what you see is the new addition to S&S Motors lol.

Beyond that, Shelly started classes for her Masters in Human Resource Management this weekend. Zack, like every other child is ready for school to start....wait, or is it me that is ready for him to start school??? Probably a little of both. lol

Shelly got an interesting email a couple of weeks ago. It seems that a professional recruiter had seen her resume online and wanted to place her as a canidate for a job. Without giving specifics, the job is with a very large multinational company and would require relocation. So far she is one of two canidates being considered and has another interview this week and from there they would fly her to their plant for a couple days. The benefits are very good and her pay would increase by 29%. Keep up the good work honey, Zack and I are proud of you!!

No comments: