Wednesday, September 13, 2006

RockStar SuperNova Review

Well, I don't think there's too much sense wasting time on a write-up as it appears it's all but a foregone conclusion as to who will be picked as the lead singer (Lukas). It's rather unfortunate, because I still don't believe the guy can sing a lick. He did a bit better last night, but he just doesn't have it. I would not buy an album with him as the singer, and taking into consideration the tracks previewed on the show, it's not that big of a loss anyway.

Last night's show was a little hum-drum. Why bother letting them sing their original again? Even Tobey's song, heard for the third time now, came across as anti-climatic. And what's up with Tommy's response to Magni? Of all the things one could say, his was the most dumbass. "Dilana, Tobey, and Lukas all had memorable songs. There wasn't anything memorable about that one." If I were Magni, I would have retorted with "Well, and to be honest, Tommy, you're no Dave Grohl". I think that would have pissed him off. The best performance of the night had to have been Magni's Hush cover, which Tommy could have nodded to to ease the sting, but he just left it at his one comment.

So, barring some miracle, I would expect Lukas to be crowned the winner of this corporate rock wanna-be band (mind you, any of the singers would still have elicited the same outcome). I expect the album to crack the top 10 the first week, then fade into obscurity. The tour will do as well as expected, but it will be one and done.

1 comment:

Scott Barker said...

To be honest, I was waiting for the post. lol I had the exact same thoughts regarding Tommy's remark to Magni. It was like it was a predetermined conclusion he was going to say something negative to whatever Magni did.

Does a song derive its memorability from vocals and stage performance alone??? Absolutely not!! Damn, it was an original song which.....and I may be overstepping but, which includes original music.

That song is memorable from the first 10 seconds due to the guitars alone.

My choice is Magni but it won't happen.

I don't want Dylanah

so really it is down to Tobey or Lucas of which I would think Tobey would be a better fit.

But then again who am I..


Maybe we will see Rcok Star: Van Halen for next year?? That would be a treat lol