Thursday, September 07, 2006

Coming Soon! Uncle Smithers' Weekly picks!

Yeah, that's right. Time to talk smack about college and pro football. I'm going to try to hold to a strategy this year and pick four for $40 each week (unless I win, of course), which pays 12.5 to 1... or something like that. All I know is I had three picks out of four right last week, with a mere three points needed by the friggin' Hunch-back Gang to cover the spread for a payout of $480. Last weeks picks included UCLA, Pitt, and USC as winners, though lord only knows why I didn't pick West Virginia and Oregon like I wanted to.

1 comment:

Scott Barker said...

One thing that sucks about pro football and cable is that you stuck with only a few games. If you have a favorite team you follow you're left to twist in the wind most weeks.

It sounded like Time Warner was going to have a deal similar to DirecTV to show all the games in package and I hope the promo's weren't of the NFL channel. UGH!!! I am tempted to get a dish just to keep an eye on the Eagles.

How many times do you check the tv schedule for Sunday only to find nothing worth watching???

UGH x 2