Monday, August 06, 2007

Monday Monday

Saturday we fed the neighbors. We ended up with alot of food Saturday evening so I sent some BBQ home with a couple of the neighbors and froze the rest. One neighbor family was gone for a week so he will get some when he returns. Got some nice compliments on the food which is always nice.

So yesturday morning I thought we would just relax a bit. We went to dinner Friday evening with some friends of Shelly's from work in Williamsport where they have what they call Fir Friday. It's a cultural thing on the first Friday every month during the summer where they have music and arts on the streets in the downtown. So I was a bit stiff in the knees yesturday morning from the walking Fri night and the sitting Saturday lol.

So yesterday at 11am says "let's go to Knoebels". My first thought is that something like that I would rather go first thing in the morning when it would be less crowded and cooler. lol When we pulled into the parking for the park it was 97 degrees outside.

It's not a bad amusement park. They don't have the pay one price on the weekends so we had to buy tickets (they have free admission) which are broken into .10 .50 $1, etc and each ride costs $.90 - $1.50 to ride. They have a couple of roller coasters but they are wooden ones so something I was thinking of avoiding entirely.

Since I have that disc problem in my neck I don't think any sudden jerking movements are good for it. As it was I went down a small flume ride and called it a day as far as the rides go. Shelly and Zack went on the big flume ride and got soaked. When they got off I stopped Zack and said we could watch the next car come down the flume. I guess he didn't realise that it sprays water about 50 ft ahead of it. So as the next car was about to come down the flume in front of us and Zack had his eyes fixed to it I ran back out of the way.....Zack got his with another downpour of water!!! That was PRICELESS!!!

This week will be busy busy. Wednesday Zack and I take a 4.5 hour ride up to NY to pick up my neices who are going to stay with us for a week and then Thursday it is off to Hershey Park.

2 comments:

Pen said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great weekend :o) They have a flume ride at Valley Fair here in MN. I would stand on that overlooking bridge and that spray of water was like a tidal wave... way awesome! :o)

Marcus P. Smithers said...

Do you know what they call BBQ outside of Texas?

Faux-Q!