Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Just A Smokin'

Zachary and I went to see The Simpons Movie yesturday afternoon. I thought yesturday would be a good day since it was suppose to be in the 90's and I didn't really feel like going down to the pool. It's been one of those weeks so far. There are times, right out of the blue when suddenly it seems like every joint in my body aches. Talk about getting old. lol Nausea has been kicking in late afternoon for a bit too. Christ, you'd think I was doing chemo.

I can't take anything during the day or I end up wasting it on the couch so I take the meds at bedtime and for the most part they work. Although I like to stay functional during the day at least I haven't needed to go to the ER.

Anyway. The movie was good....if you like The Simpsons. I used to watch it every weekend when it first came out...well, what? 18 years ago. Zachary never saw an episode until yesturday morning when we recorded the show from the night before. I admit it's still funny but alot of it a younger child (Zachary included) won't get cause alot of the comedy is from popular culture.

So today I was up at 7am so I could get the charcoal going in the smoker. I think the meat has been on about an hour now. I bought two whole sirloin tips from a local store (2.44 per lbs) and cut them down to reasonably smaller pieces to go onto the smoker. I love to smoke meat and I prefer Mesquite over Hickory wood. I am thinking I should be done some where around 1 and maybe we will go swimming this afternoon.

So, 20 lbs of beef are in the smoker and when done they will go into two crock pots with BBQ sauce. One will be Bulls Eye Original and the other will be Dinosaur BBQ sauce and maybe a bottle of Dinosaur Wango Tango sauce to boot and then will cook it till Saturday. Saturday we're having the neighbors over...well, anyone who would like a nice slow smoked, fork pulled BBQ and a cold beverage.

I live on a corner of two dead end streets and most of the nieghbors live across the street on one of those dead ends. Ever once in a while the wind will shift and send a plume of mesquite flavored smoke their way. Gotta Love it.

2 comments:

Pen said...

Hey... I think I can smell that all the way here in Minnesota! Looks like my fam will have to make a road trip! LOL ;o)

Scott Barker said...

Thanks for visiting my world and mentioning my blog. I seem to be getting alot of views from you link.

Thanks.


Must have been a strong wind. I will let you know how the party (didn't start out at one) turns out tomorrow.