Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Busy Busy

Haven't been keeping up with the blog here since I have been a little busy. Yesturday was Zachary's first day of school in 2nd grade. Other than that it seems I have taken up the genealogy bug - again!!

UGH!!

and it all started this time with an article in my home town newspaper about geni.com. It's a flash player based online site and free so I just started. I knew a handful...then it grew and grew. Then it got to be too much to manually enter in all the information I was finding from other sources so I started a site on ancestry.com with a two week trial.

I think that was last week. As of today I have over 1000 people in my tree. I don't think 1000 people actually makes a tree....more like a rather large hedgerow.

I think later this week I will have it all polished and ready to put in report form. I bet it will be something like 2-300 pages lol


Today Shelly was informed of her promotion!!!! She started at the plant Nov 1 of last year and already they are moving up. It was just 1.5 years ago she was working the midnight shift while working on her bachelors degree and as of her promotion today she has more than doubled her salary.

I wish my 19 year old daughter would see the value in that little piece of paper.

1 comment:

Pen said...

Great news for you and Shelly!

Must be awesome to see your family "hedgerow" in such detail like that. I know very little of my family. Though I did just recently find out that I am 1/16 Seminole Indian on my mother's side and that part of the family are living high on the hog from some oil fields on their land that they never sold to the government. Weird.