Monday, July 30, 2007

Hot Sauce Antics

We've gotten along pretty well with our new neighbors. Saturday Shelly was making stuffed peppers from the peppers she has gotten from a couple of neighbor's gardens. I was having a beer with the neighbor next door and had him come in inside to show h8im what he was getting later when the peppers were done.

We proceded into a conversation about hot sauce. It seems as though his son Noah puts hot sauce on everything. I said I have some hot sauce for ya...and proceeded to break out my stash of Dave's Insanity Sauce.

I got the report later that Jim offered it to his son Noah and he warned him it would be hot. Noah proclaimed he was the one who puts hot sauce on everything....even his pizza. Ok,....so he puts some on his finger and puts it in his mouth. A few moments later he was chugging a glass of water and then was at the kitchen sink letting water run into his mouth...not drinking it but cooling it off.

Later, Shannon stops over. Shannon lives acrosse the st from Jim and was telling myself and Shelly how her husband (Roy) and Jim's neighbor (Andy) some how think they are hot sauce gods. So...she ended up with the hot sauce I gave to Jim and offered it to Roy first...I guess he was the smart one and just tried a little on a chip but Andy wanted to chug it. Andy took alot!!! He initially said there was nothing to it.

Initially...

See the first few moments after eating Insanity Sauce are nothing but that is when the heat kicks in. I mean REALLY kicks in. I was told his eyes started watering and tears started flowing down his face as he ran for all the water he could find.

And if you think that was hot....wait til later when you get to experience the heat for the second time.

1 comment:

Pen said...

Hahahaaha!

That is insane!

I for one have been traumatized by hot sauce. I used to suck my middle and ring fingers since I was in the womb and Dad figured it best to dip those fingers into hot sauce to get me to stop.

It worked, but now I hate hot foods.

Catch here though is that I am married to a hot sauce loving, jalepeno eating, loves to burn his mouth off sort of guy.

Needless to say, I'm slowly coming around ;o)