Thursday, July 05, 2007

Block Party

We live in a very quiet part of town. We don't get any traffic here at all unless it is someone lost. Most of the houses are at the opposite end of my street, the other side of the intersection. We live on the corner. There are seven families that live on the opposite end of the street and some 9 children.

All told there were 89 people at the party yesterday. I got up at 6:30 and started my smoker at 7am and had the meat on at 7:45. I had 8.5 lbs of sirloin tip. Half was marinated in a south west sauce from Wegmans and the other was plain. Aside from my grill there was 4 other that cooked 8 lbs of kielbasa, 54 lbs of hamburgers, and 12 packages of hot dogs. Wow. I also counted about 4 dishes of salads and I don't know how many deserts that everyone brought. Food was ready at 3pm

We capped the evening off with horseshoes and a few games of volleyball before the fireworks started. Everyone pulled a chair up and sat in the neighbors yard or across the street or on the street itself.

No comments: