Thursday, July 12, 2007

Coversations With Zack And Other Things

I was at my computer a couple of days ago and the kids were in the bedroom playing playstation 2 when I heard something about a hot chick. I realized what they were playing and told them I didn't think they needed to be playing the Sims. I had bought the game and never got into it. Now it sits in a drawer at my desk, waiting to be tossed into the circular file.

So we had an intereting converstation at last nights dinner table. I tried to ask Zack about what he learned at the scouts meetings in the prior two nights. Ok, I already knew he learned S I X things but he must have picked up more. I wanted him to talk about it.

So I asked him what happens when we die. I was trying to get at what happens to the spirit, etc. I am not sure the exact response but the conversation that immediately followed is what is funny.

On the same lines as "hot chick" some how Zachary brought up "making out" and of course we discussed how a seven year old shouldn't be concerned with those things yet.

So somehow and I don't remember how, it must been brought up on what happens if Shelly dies.....Zachary without hesitation says I would get remarried. Thanks for looking out for me lol. Then it was asked what happens if I die, should mommy get remarried? Zachary had to think about that one and after more than a few moments he gave his approval.

LOL

Adoption - Still awaiting word on the first two siblings we had an interest in. The last thing we heard is that they will meet some time this month to go over all of the home studies they received. I am sure that because we are in another state that we won't be the lucky ones but we'll keep our fingers crossed anyway. One can only hope. We haven't heard anything on any of the other 3 or so children that we have expressed an interest in. I am sure its a long process all the way around.

House - We heard that our landlord is buying the lot next to us. We have gotten to know they neighbors over the past couple of months and really like the neighborhood so we put a bug in the landlord's ear that if they decided to sell this house that we would be interested in it along with the side lot as well. It would be big enough to add onto this house plus room for a pool.

If they don't decide to sell we are on track with our financial plan. So far I've paid down my debt by $4,500+ in the last month or so...only another $23 to go aside from the cars lol. The plan for now is to be debt free by June of 08 and to start saving for a house.

Shelly - Proceeding nicely on her Masters Degree. She is only taking one class at a time and is taking Fall semester off due to our trip and I seem to remember she should be done with her degree in another year and half. She was approved for VA educational benefits so if and when her school ever sends out the certification she will have 17 months of back pay comming.

I think we may have some good news on Shelly's job comming soon.

No comments: