Sunday, November 12, 2006

It's been a little hectic the past several weeks. One project is just about finished...with just a tad of touch up painting and putting up quarter round moulding around the dining room cabinetes. Other than that...the room is done!! I know lol...about damn time and it only took me what 12-13 months.




The room originally had carpet over linoleum.




Now there is 25 yr Pergo laminate floor with stained beadboard wainscoting, basebaord and chair rail. The chandelier was replaced and the ceiling done in an Armstrong wood grained ceiling plank. To give the new lighting some more dimension I raised the ceiling around the lighting, forming recessed box.



The room had built in hand made cabinets...that were built on site amd so many nails there simply wasn't just removing them. No, it involved something like a reciprocating saw and sledge hammer lol. It really looked hopeless if the tought was to strip them and refinish them so out they went.



In went two new base cabinets. If I was staying I might throw in two top cabinets but that isn't the case. I topped these off with a cermaic tile counter top.

Now since we are talking about a 100 year old house you will run into spots where the walls are not perfectly straight. That is why they used lath and plaster...you could hide it better. Drywall is not as forgiving and heavy moulding even less so. So there are a couple sopts where there may be a slight gap in between the moulding and a wall....painters caulk takes care of that. That is the white line over the left cabinet you see.

I don't get into work like this very often so for some I am learning as I go. It was my first laminate floor and it came out very nice and was very easy to do but there places where I could have done better and you learn as you go as with anything in life.

Hopefully this week I will have some pics of the laundry room upstairs. I am getting close to having it ready for primer and paint. It is comming along alot better than I expected.

Shelly is painting the living room and I will have some pics of that in the next couple of weeks. We are still on track to rent another truck and move the rest of the stuff down south in a couple of weeks. I should be able to put this on the market by Dec 1st.

No comments: