Monday, June 25, 2007

Feeding Frenzy

We were told from the beginning that when adopting, if you are holding out for a blonde hair blue eyes, etc etc or if you are looking for an infant it will be a long wait. I told our social worker that I was looking at the photolistings online and she said not to get my hopes up too much. Those littles ones or the ones that everyone seems to be looking for go quickly.

They do.

Last Wednesday evening I saw two very adorble children online. They were siblings and ages 4 and 5. We submitted an interest form online. We try to limit our searches to our state and neighboring states simply to cut down on the amount of traveling. No more than an afternoon's drive time in distance is fine for us.

So I submitted an interest form which includes our homestudy info...social worker name, address and number and date the study was completed. I assumed they would verify the info with our agency and give a packet of more info on the children. I checked the site again Thursday and they had gotten so much response that they were limiting the time they were accepting homestudies. A call to the ocntact number gave me a message to fax a copy of the homestudy.

I called my agency and left a message. A call Friday morning confirmed that our homestudy was faxed first thing Friday morning. So Wednesday was the first day those children were posted on the interet as available and today is the final day they are accepting homestudies.

So at this point we stand a greater chance than if we not shown any interest. You don't get anywhere unless you try.

No comments: