Saturday, July 29, 2006

"I'm a Muslim American........."

"I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel"

SEATTLE (Reuters) - A lone gunman burst into a Jewish organization in downtown Seattle on Friday, killing one woman and wounding five others in what authorities were calling a hate crime.

The gunman, Naveed Afzal Haq, 31, was arrested without a struggle at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, where the shooting took place. He was later charged by Seattle police with one count of murder and five counts of attempted murder.


Commentary

Now everyone knew this was bound to happen sooner or later. It matters not the slightest that it was against an Israeli. We did see this comming, didn't we? I am suprised it hadn't happend sooner. We know, at least I hope we do, that all muslims are not of the extremist variety and are awaiting word to activate their cell and start their own jihad in this country. I am sure in some corners of the country the action of this lone gunman is being applauded, and it is that applause we should fear the most.

I am not suggesting that this person was part of some larger, devious plot. The grassy knoll comes to mind here. No, to date this was just one person and we should keep that in mind. It's way too soon to dust off the interment camps.

No comments: