Wednesday, December 26, 2007

PS3 vs Wii

I have been ranting for some time about all things PS3.  For those of you living in a cave that means Playstation 3.   I have especially writing about the superiority of the PS3 to....well, anything else.

So, Zachary and Shelly have been clamoring for a Wii for some time so we got one for Christmas.  All through Dec it was very difficult getting your hands on one of these must haves.  Yes, I too was one of those mindless lemmings as those things were as hard to spot as hair on Brittany's kitty.  It was easier to have Kristy get one in Qatar where she is stationed with the Army and send one here than it was to try and find one here stateside.  

We got Zack on the camcorder as he was opening it.  We had him open one of the games first and we played it off like ooops, Santa must have made a mistake.

Mind you, I won't be buying any games for this as I am still prejudiced.  If anything else I still like the idea of a game system that will act as a media server from your computer as well as play movies in 1080p.  That's heavenly.

The couple of games I have seen on it so far of course aren't anything I would buy but I will say this about the Wii.....cutesy.  It's cute.  It doesn't stand up to anything else, it stands on its own.  That is neither good nor bad as it has many followers and it should be around for some time.

At 8:15am the day after Christmas, Zack has already been playing it for 15 min.

No comments: