Monday, October 16, 2006

Family Update

Our weekend was a little interesting.

Some people from work had a get together for Shelly which was very nice. However, we ran into a little trouble on the way home from dinner that night. It seems that Saturday night after having made his martyr video a suicide deer picked my jaguar to attack. His aim must have been a little off as we clipped his legs with the front right of the car. He really could have done more damage than he did so today I will take the car to get an estimate.

I also slipped on some ice and fell backwards while my leg was caught under me. Yup....9 surgeries and I bent this knee further back than it had been in about 10 years...the last inch or so......c r u n c h. Not the best of time to have that happen with getting ready to move and all. It took me a few moments to pull myself up off the ground. I hope I didn't wake the neighbors up when I yelled lol. It was a little rough and alot painful but I was able to walk. It was kind of like walking right after my partial knee replacement.

I was kind of wondering what I had torn and whether cartilage or a ligament. I still could have something torn but right after I wrenched it Sat night I wrapped it up and elevated it under ice. It was so bad that night that you couldn't even touch it on the right side, UGH. Sunday morning it looked just slightly swollen...maybe. The knee is so derranged it doesn't look normal to begin with anyway. It was better and so with an occasional limp I ran off to Lowes in the burg to get more material for the laundry room.

Packing is comming along ok for the move in a couple of weeks. The dining room is just about done with a couple pieces of moulding to put up plus the new floor. We took out the old cast iron shower pan from the old bathroom (new laundry room) Saturday...well got it up and got it out to the hallway. When I came back from Lowes yesturday it was out on the front porch thanks to Shelly and my father-in-law.

I have a bit more wall tile to take down from the old shower and then I am taking a 4 x 6 section of floor up and puttind down new subfloor. Then it is framing for the new water lines for the washer and electrical for the dryer along the outside wall then I can work on the common wall between the bathroom/laundryroom....ceramic tile backerboard on the floor and tile then I will be done aside from painting. We still have to pick out paint for the livingroom. I think we will get to that this weekend. Friday is the hockey game in Buffalo. $100 per ticket should be worth it since we are in 2nd row. Maybe I will have some pics to share.

No comments: