Tuesday, October 02, 2007

October 2, 2007

It's been a while since I have posted. I have taken up genealogy and it seems to be going rather well. I am up to 2400 people and I try to work on it every day.

This past weekend our little town had a community yard sale. This involves a $5 fee to our Christmas Tree Lighting Committee to be placed on a map and a small description of what you are selling. You also get a number to display on your house.

I picked up my number and map and come to find out they had us in the wrong location on the map. They were off by several blocks. The info o the back which was by address was correct but if you relied on the map alone you wouldn't have found us.

The yard sale started about 8am last Saturday. We had most of our stuff gone the night before in two sales. A neighbor from down the street bought most of my tools and a lady came by a little later and bought the exercise bike and ALL of Zack's clothes.

The funny thing was...Saturday afternoon a minivan pulled up and all these Amish women got out. They were pointing at toys....this would be good for Seth I heard one of them say. One of the women was looking at a couple of tools I had left. One was a table saw. She was interested but she wasn't sure....damn if you know that she pulled out a cell phone and called her husband.

1 comment:

Pen said...

You know, way back when I worked at Super 8 as a front desk clerk there were people that came to stay at the hotel that looked Amish. They had a nice new truck and cell phones, but dammit I could swear Amish people didn't do that stuff.

So later of course I went home and asked my then boyfriend (now hubby) what he thought of that. He told me there is a community of people that are like Amish, meaning they share the values and traditions to a point, but embrace technology. He told me what they were called and for the life of me I can't remember. I will find out and let you know... but I don't think they were truly Amish.

Glad to here that things are good on your end. Been missing your blog :o)