Monday, March 05, 2007

Spinal Stenosis

I have the results from the latest MRI and EMG tests. The MRI when compared to the previous one done on 9/2005 is generally unchanged. The EMG is a bit confusing. The EMG does not mention radiculopathy where the previous test report did. One big question is why??? Is this because the body has healed or otherwise corrected this issue or did radiculopathy not show up because a different testing procedure was performed?? That will be one for the neurosurgeon when I see him. That appt has been rescheduled for April 3rd. Something else that has popped up recently is terrible migraines. I have had occasional headaches for some time. I will describe them as pressure at the base of my head. I attribute them to the problem in my neck. I may or may not be correct.

My family DR seems to think there is a good chance of the cause being at my c spine. So, as I said I have had headaches but in the last several days I have never experience something like these. I have never been diagnosed with migraines but from what I have read these are classic only without the aura and sensativity to light. We're talking intesnse nausea that keeps you at a prone position. I plan on calling my dr a little later to see if I can get in today some time to discuss this with him.

No comments: