Thursday, December 07, 2006

What A Difference




Here are a couple of pics of the most recent improvement. Carpet was installed Monday and Tuesday on the stairway and the upstairs hallway and it really does look nice. The photos may do much justice as I forgot my camer and resorted to using my cell phone.

I think one more push next month after the holidays and we will be ready to put it on the market. The laundry room is all grouted and sealed. Next we need to paint the bathroom the same color and put down moulding.

Here's something funny to ponder...

Last Jan I had a real estate (Agent A) agent look over the house and give me a market comparison. He said he was confident in X dollars.

Ok, so I have the same (Agent A) come back last month to see what we have done with the property....(pool, deck, laundry room, dining room etc) and he still came back at X dollars.

Ok, well he made a few comments that Shelly had some concerns over so....I thought I would try another agent....ok, so Shelly wanted me to try another agent lol. So another real estate agent (Agent B) comes over and really likes what has been done. Agent B comes up with a figure that is X + 20k OVER Agents A's comparison.

Now who would you go with?? I will admit that the higher price was more than what I thought but if someone tell me they can sell this house for 1000's more than the other guy and I am not in a hurry to sell it......I say go for it.

So with any amount of luck there should be a for sale sign on the property some time in January.....the price???? lol You'll have to wait and see. Now will it sell for what I will ask??? Probably not but I was told close.

No comments: