Thursday, September 06, 2007

Genealogy

Just shy of 1300 people on my tree.

Most of that was just direct mother/father ancestry for the most part. I think I was trying to see how far back I could actually go. Kind of like looking up at a tree and seeing how tall it is. Now it's pretty much going to families and working on the siblings and going from there.

I have found a couple instances where I came across someone who was looking for info that I had. That was exciting. It could be that what they have could answer a question or two, and probably create new ones. In any case, that is what its all about.

The problem is that most people working on genealogy seem to do so for a while then something pulls them a different direction and/or they lose intrest in it for some time. So, the email addresses that are listed may or may not be up to date. I have been able thus far to find parts of my tree in Canada, England, New Zealand and Australia.

Progress is slow now and seem to be adding only a few names a week which is fine. It's interesting to be able to view the actual image of an 1850 census or a WWI draft registration form right from the computer at home.

No comments: